Editing photos on Flickr is a Picnik

A couple of months ago, Flickr announced that it would be integrating Picnik’s online photo-editing tools into the site, and now it has happened — and I have to say it is pretty cool. I’m not a professional photographer by any means, and not even semi-pro, but I do like to take pictures and I like to edit them to try and make them look as good as possible. And I’m a big user of Flickr (my photostream is here).

I’ve used Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, and I’ve used The Gimp on Linux and a bunch of other programs, and for big changes they are still the best. If all you want to do is crop and lighten and sharpen, however — which for the vast majority of photos is all I really want — then an online tool like Picnik works just fine.

So far I’ve tried it out on a few pictures and it worked great, although saving the photo after I was done took awhile (as MG Siegler also notes at ParisLemon). Still, a nice addition to Flickr’s tools. Update: Someone from Box.net emailed me to let me know that Picnik is also integrated with their online storage solution, so you can edit any photos that are stored on Box as well.

1. Twitter Comment

RT @TasteMGMGrand: Come to “Nobhill Tavern Late Night Happy Hour” Today at 10pm until <br />Tuesday, June 8 at 12am. [link to post]

Posted using Chat Catcher

Monday, February 8, 2010 at 8:44 pm #
  2. Twitter Comment

RT @abc7: Republican National Committee spent thousands last month on meals at a Hollywood sex-themed club, other expenses [link to post]

Posted using Chat Catcher

Monday, March 29, 2010 at 4:25 pm #
  3. Twitter Comment

RT @_ASTV_: #Politics : “????” ????????? CNN ?????? “??????” ????????????? ??????????????????? 14 ?.?. ???????????????:… [link to post]

Posted using Chat Catcher

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 11:17 am #
  4. Twitter Comment

RT @cultofmac: RT @waltmossberg: To correct rumors: the #D8 conference won’t be streamed live, but will be live blogged at [link to post]

Posted using Chat Catcher

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 at 6:39 pm #
  5. Twitter Comment

RT @GQRecommends: Inspired by Richard Gere, but with a Rod Stewart/Kelis soundtrack, every look from S/S 11 DSquared2 show [link to post]

Posted using Chat Catcher

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 1:04 pm #
  6. Twitter Comment

RT @xsune: RT @idocente: Thousands of Free Lesson Plans and Educational Resources for Teachers | Verizon Thinkfinity.org: [link to post]

Posted using Chat Catcher

Sunday, July 18, 2010 at 9:28 am #
  7. Twitter Comment

RT @SundanceBuzz: RT @FilmPresence A FILM UNFINISHED is 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Opens in NYC at Lincoln Plaza &.. [link to post] …

Posted using Chat Catcher

Monday, August 16, 2010 at 10:39 pm #
  8. 626jen (JEN) wrote::

Twitter Comment

I just took ” (ALL…” and got: part 20 im sorry i didnt tell u before it just happen so fast! im sorry!!! <3! Try it: [link to post]

Posted using Chat Catcher

Monday, September 6, 2010 at 11:25 am #
  9. Twitter Comment

-___- RT @davanuragaa: 4kyu940Linvite yaaa -_- RT @peesut: 5678s8nam RT @Rapuspus: RT @gemaless: @Fathiyayaya bagi pin :D [link to post]

Posted using Chat Catcher

Friday, September 17, 2010 at 9:06 am #

1. Mark Evans » Blog Archive » Are Start-Ups Afraid of Yahoo? on Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at 10:26 am

[…] more, check out the PlanetEye blog and Mathew Ingram, who’s tired a bunch of photo-editing […]

2. rajanikamat (rajani kamat) on Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 10:29 pm

DESIWALA Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak Bak @sh D.. http://bit.ly/aIqhttp://bit.ly/9lGNM4

3. cnshot (???) on Sunday, July 25, 2010 at 11:09 pm

http://is.gd/dIdjV RT @RFAChinese: Facebook???????5?: ?????????Facebook??????????????????????????????????????????????CK??? http://bit.ly/aIq